Planning the Wedding of our Dreams

A year in our life...planning our wedding from a distance.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Family Weekend, Marriage Counseling, A Sailing Adventure, and Homecoming!!

The computer is fixed and the pictures have finally been uploaded to it so NOW I can finally post them!!  So...back up all the way to family weekend in September.  My cousin's husband Tab was a referee for the football game so Erika (my cousin), Ebby Lee and Nixon (her 2 kids), Aunt Tina, Mom, Dad, Whit, and Ryan all came and visited!!! It was such a fun and busy weekend!  

The next weekend I went home because Curt and I had our first marriage counseling session..we passed, whew! haha! It was actually a really great experience and I look forward to more.  I hope Curt does too :)

The next weekend I went home again because Curt and I wouldn't get to see each other for a while and we went sailing!! The last time I went sailing the boat almost sank because we didn't know it had a hole in it.  Not a fun experience when mom is yelling help at the top of her lungs.  Funny story..Curt and I had actually just met (so this is 3 summers ago) and mom took a picture with me and the sinking boat.  We sent it to Curt, I was conveniently in a bikini...hah! I can't believe I did that but I still remember his response..nice view ;)....hope that wasn't TMI!!  I guess we were meant to be :)

Erika, Ebby Lee, me and Nixon...try #1

Try #2

and #3...Ebby Lee is going to be our flower girl...adorable!!!

The whole crew!


Tab was the umpire..its a big deal! :)

got to love the ponchos!

Before marriage counseling!!! We were a bit nervous at this point!


Sailing!!

Dad loved telling us what to do!

"This is the best place to enjoy a cup of coffee" -Curt

love the visor :)

it was windy..good for sailing..bad for the hair!

Love Brynn! Had to put a picture of her in from the weekend! She is soooo cute!!

Homecoming! It was so fun seeing old friends!

Lauren, Alicia, Whit, and myself (her friends from college) They are so much fun to hang out with!

Almost all of the "pac" I think that is how you spell it?? Whit's friends from school! They did some pretty crazy things back in their days at Mizzou! :)
And then finally it was the 100th Homecoming!!! Mizzou founded homecoming so it was pretty cool that it turned out to be my senior year!  Unfortunately, Curt couldn't make it but Whit and Ryan and Whit's friends came.  We had so much looking at housedecks, going to the parade and football game, and just hanging out!  Saturday after the game everybody came back to my apartment and I actually got to play nurse.  We did a blood pressure screening...they almost all failed! hah! Well not really but we talked about consuming less salt and exercising :)

2 comments:

  1. I totally enjoy reading your blog and getting to see a little of my future daughter n law's life!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures(especially sailing) and great way to keep with you Linz. Love ya! Dad

    ReplyDelete